Value for money [usr 4.1]
V-Ray for SketchUp Review
What is V-Ray for SketchUp?
SketchUp’s integral rendering solution, V-Ray(r), allows designers to see their designs as they are being created. It also lets them convert the models to photorealism. It is preferred by many 3D artists and 95% of the leading AEC companies worldwide.
V-Ray 5 for SketchUp – is a complete rendering tool for SketchUp that lets designers see their designs in real-time when they sketch and convert photographs without ever leaving SketchUp. It is favored by a lot of 3D artists, it’s employed by over 95percent of the top AEC companies around the world.
V–Ray 5 for SketchUp – can render everything from simple designs to the most realistic 3D designs with an entire suite of tools for creativity. Utilizing V-Ray with SketchUp You can gain access to more than 600 images of real-looking, drag-and-drop material also.
V-Ray designed for SketchUp is simple to use and provides excellent results. You can create any kind of thing – from 3D drawings to stunning photos – the possibilities are completely up to you.
What’s new in V-Ray 5 for SketchUp?
- Utilizing V-Ray(r) 5 in SketchUp Update 2 of V-Ray(r) 5 for SketchUp You can create your finest work faster and then share or display it in more interesting ways. The V-Ray Decal is fast and simple to apply objects on surfaces without causing damage to the material underneath, covering everything from labels for packaging to IndyCars.
Features & Highlights of V-Ray for SketchUp: –
Why V-Ray for Sketchup?
Imagine your designs in real-time as you work using V-Ray(r) Vision. You can move around your model and apply materials, and set up cameras and lights and more — all with a real-time and live view of the scene. Take your concept further by using chaos Vantage Live Link. Explore even the most complex scenes in ray-traced, live-streaming.
CPU, GPU & Hybrid rendering
Smart 3D assets
Our integrated library of assets, Chaos Cosmos, enables users to search and add render-ready materials, models, and HDRI clouds to your scenes right via the toolbar for V-Ray. Cosmos assets are fully automated. Cosmos assets come with automatic LoDs as well as accurate scales and are compatible with three different 3Ds Max versions: Rhino as well as Revit.
Reduce noise and drastically cut the time to render. Utilize the V-Ray Denoiser to remove noise from each element of the render during post-production. Its NVIDIA AI Denoiser and Intel Open Image Denoise deliver immediate noise-free feedback for V-Ray IPR.
Interactively render while you design. Adjust the lighting and materials to observe the result right away. See the rendered result directly within SketchUp’s SketchUp viewport.
System Requirements & Details of V-Ray for SketchUp
- Supported OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 /Windows 7
- Processor: Multicore Intel Series or above, Xeon or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 4GB or more recommended
SketchUp V-Ray Installation
Step by Step Instructions
Follow these steps to get V-Ray for SketchUp installed.
- Get the V-Ray installer for SketchUp.
- Double-click on the installer to launch EXE.
- For more information on installation options, please review the license agreement.
- When prompted to choose the SketchUp version, select “SketchUp 2021”, and click Install.
- You can choose “Advanced” to enable the Chaos Swarm installation and select licensing options. V-Ray for SketchUp Studio licenses only with the “Local” option.
- You’ll be able to share anonymized usage data with Chaos Group and review the Release Notes after the installation.
- After clicking “Done”, the installer will be closed. You should now be ready to authorize the software and start using it.
SketchUp Studio Authorizing V-Ray
After the installation is complete, you can launch SketchUp. After the installation is complete, SketchUp will prompt you to “Sign In with Trimble”, which will open a browser.
After signing in with your Trimble ID, you can return to SketchUp to start V-Ray.
V-Ray 5 for SketchUp User Review
“Vray is the best overall rendering engine for rendering any object.” ~Emily
Value for money [usr 4.3]
V-ray is easy to use, and you can create very realistic outputs using it. It renders faster than other render engines.
“A great tool for realistic renderings” ~Chris
Value for money [usr 4.5]
Texture library and adjustable lighting levels
The quality and detail of the textures are important.
The ability to create new textures beyond the V-ray.
“Can be more Organized” ~Mia
Value for money [usr 3.3]
1 – The rendering window could be more organized
2 -Implementing a quick light template
Alternative to V-Ray for Sketchup
- Cinema 4D.
- Maxwell Render.
- Corona Renderer.
Comment below if you are facing any queries!